Sunday, November 28, 2010

Random blogger thoughts.

Wow - where has 2010 gone? Here are my random theories:
1) I've been dreaming for the past several months - dreams filled with working, commuting, eating, sleeping - repeat as needed.
2) The dog ate the pages of the calendar between January and November.
3) It's not really November, but instead a really goofy April Fool's Day joke.
4) I'm living my own personal "Groundhog Day" movie.
5) It is actually November 28th and I am just burying my head in the sand.

What has life been filled with - besides that listed in theory number 1 - lately?
1) Three kids in high school. Need I say more? (Of course, I don't need to but I most certainly will anyway!)
2) A 30 mile each way commute to work for me - which throws at least 2 gas station stops per week into the schedule.
3) Paul recently started a new job (a contract position) which led to a recent trip to France for a week. He has other travel coming up as well - to Houston TX and possibly to Ireland. His being away makes a crazy life turn absolutely insane!
4) Puppy dog has an urgent daily need for cuddles and scratching and he's darn persistent about seeking that time!
5) All the other normal average tasks that any family needs to do to keep a household running smoothly - making and traveling to doctor/dentist/orthodontist/optical/vet/orthopedist/rheumatologist appointments - did I mention we're getting older? Grocery/toiletry/gift shopping. Hair/groomer appointments. Mowing/snow blowing as needed. Cooking/cleaning/car maintenance. Choir concerts/fundraisers/conferences/college tours. And so on, and so on. You know how it is!

So, as you can read, we are alive. We try to find occasional quality time - like going out for brunch this morning. But mostly we are eeking out tiny bits of time to do the things we LOVE to do amongst all that we HAVE to do. Such is the human existence. And we will one day look back upon all this craziness with fond memories. At least, that is what I tell myself each morning as I contemplate not getting out of bed ;-)

On the bright side, we have a Christmas card pending at Shutterfly that should actually be delivered prior to the close of business on December 23rd. Cheers to checking off an item on the to-do list!!
Until next time,
Vanessa

2 comments:

pamella said...

This is my Good luck that I found your post which is according to my search and topic, I think you are a great blogger, thanks for helping me outta my problem..
Free Dissertation Topics List

pamella said...

This is my Good luck that I found your post which is according to my search and topic, I think you are a great blogger, thanks for helping me outta my problem..
Free Dissertation Topics List