Monday, August 9, 2010

Summer?

I think I blinked and missed it. Here it is, almost the middle of August, sweltering hot, and the kids only have a couple of weeks until school starts again!


Sorry that I've been MIA. Something about being employed full-time has made blogging more challenging. After 10+ hours at my computer for work, it's not too terribly enticing to get onto my home office computer for more typing, thinking, writing, or anything like that. Plus, I've developed the sudden need to go to bed by about 8pm. Getting up at 4:30am makes me tired so early...


Let's catch you up:


  • The kids finished another school year in June. Brady is done with middle school and all three will be at the high school in September. Wow!

  • Alexa was named a National Merit Scholar, which means she has the chance to become a National Merit Semi-Finalist in September. She was so nonchalant about the whole thing. Told me so quietly, that she might as well have been telling me the sky was blue.

  • Amara auditioned and was chosen for the Chorale choir at the high school. That means a very special trip to Germany and the Czech Republic for her next spring! She is very excited about that!

  • Brady has become legendary at COD. If you don't know what COD is, trust me, you don't want to know. (Think PS3, shooting, and bombs.) Now he's working on narrating via a recording device which I cannot begin to explain, so I won't. He's also working on a Balhorn Family website. We'll let you know when it goes live!

  • Paul has been trying to find a job. It's a tough market out there right now. Leads are appreciated ;-)

  • Jackson is plump, happy, and begging for another "Crabby Dog Bone", so named because he'll guard it with his entire ferocious growl repertoire if you should dare to get too near.

  • And, as for me, I'm working full time in Clinical Research. Love my job!! But I do miss being around during the day to spend quality time with my kids, my dog, and my Target store. Our bank account has been grateful for the respite however!

So there you have it. Life in the Balhorn household in a nutshell.


And for my finale: my personal favorite photo of Alexa for her senior picture -->

Isn't she gorgeous? I can hardly wrap my neurons around the idea that she'll be a senior in high school in a few short weeks. Where does the time go? Seems like only yesterday she was toddling around...

2 comments:

ijeh michael said...

Hey mom i would love 2 marry her

http://www.freshsongslover.com/ said...

she is really gorgeous